Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lots of NEWS!!!

where to start....



Let's start with this:

I spent some time last winter and this spring with local Avante-Garde groups "That's What She Said" in the KMSU studios. Our intent was to record an EP on the cheap that the group could get out to satisfy their fans. We ended up recording over 2 hours of music. Months later, after careful thought and many hours of civil debate, we've narrowed it down to 5 tracks.

Then, in June, I recorded a few tracks with singer/songwriter "Erik the Viking" on his initial trek to southern Minnesota. I've known Erik for about 10 years and it makes me so happy to still have him as a friend and to be a small part of his musical journey.

I'm calling this effort "KMSU Sessions". I'm hoping to work with local bluegrass artists "Beg For Justice" on volume 3 in a few weeks. Got ideas for another group? Lemme hear it! Both of these recordings are available to you. Comment here, reach me on facebook, or send an email to embracethesound@gmail.com and we will get a copy to you.


Next...

I've been playing trumpet in a kick ass brass band called "Bass Brand Brass Band". We've had a few small gigs so far and are stepping it up next weekend. Friday the 28th, we'll be doing a 2 hour set at Patrick's in St. Peter from 7pm-9pm. Then on Saturday the 29th, we'll be doing a short opening set for the 3 Minute Hero CD release show. We're 3 trumpets, 2 trombones, bari sax, sousaphone and drums. Think New Orleans style brass; Dirty Dozen, Youngblood, etc. Like us on facebook and stay abreast of our upcoming shows and recording. I'll be playing along side the trombone section with That's What She Said this Friday, October 21 at the What's Up in Mankato. I believe there are 4 bands that night and it's all completely FREE! Music starts at 10pm.


Then there's...


I am so damned excited to see the Drive-By Truckers for the second time this coming Tuesday at First Ave. If you are in need of a bad ass rock show (you know who you are), I'll see you there.


Pledge Drive time!!

Did I mention KMSU pledge drive begins Wednesday, October 26 and ends Sunday, November 6? Coop Tom is onboard to do a spooky pledge drive show on the 29th (Deadbolt, Cramps, Misfits) and take your pledges. I'll grab a few records out of the collection to give away to our first pledge. Now is your time to occupy KMSU and show your support for commercial free, community based independent public radio!

That should do it for now. Don't forget to "Like" Embrace the Sound on facebook. Free record to the 100th fan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment