Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Remembering George Jones

Not being influenced by country music as a child, it took me well into my 20's to discover the talent of George Jones. It was only after purchasing Drag The River's "Live At The Starlight" did I first hear the song "She Think's I Still Care". From there it just took a few dollars and a couple used record stores till we were good friends.

When he embarked on his Farewell tour (as Glen Campbell did shortly ago) I knew that it wouldn't be long before he was gone. As with Buck, I feel that the sharper the flat-top, the better the record. His early Honky-Tonk recordings are the good stuff for me. He'll be missed by many, but never forgotten on Embrace The Sound.

May 5, 2013

Just One More
White Lightning
Accidentally On Purpose
Talk To Me Lonesome Heart
Out Of Control
Relief Is Just A Swallow Away
Why Baby Why
Too Much Water
Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
You're Still On My Mind
I Gotta Get Drunk -- w/Willie Nelson
No Show Jones -- w/Merle Haggard
We Loved It Away -- w/Tammy Wynette
If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will)
A Drunk Can't Be A Man
He Stopped Loving Her Today
Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Age -- w/Jerry Lee Lewis
Someone Sweet To Love
Tarnished Angel
She Thinks I Still Care -- Drag The River -- 2005 Live At The Starlight


R.I.P. George Jones (9/12/31 - 4/26/13)


Download the show here

No comments:

Post a Comment