Monday, August 13, 2012

Michael Houser 1/6/62 - 8/10/02

Embrace the Sound took some time out of regular programming to recognize 10 years since the passing of Michael Houser. Mikey was the founding member and lead guitarist for Widespread Panic until his death in August of 2002. I still remember where I was and Who I was with when I heard the news. I've seen WP over a dozen times, all but two without Mikey. Although I don't visit their catalog as often these days, I had such great memories while preparing this show, singing along to every word. We'll be working more of Mikey's solo guitar work into the regular fold in the time to come.


August 12, 2012

Pickin' Up Those Pieces -- Widespread Panic -- 1993 Everyday
Disco>>Tall Boy>>Love Tractor -- Widespread Panic -- 1998 Panic In The Streets
Cleburne Terrace -- Michael Houser -- 2002 Door Harp
The Owl's Song -- Michael Houser -- 2006 Sandbox
All Time Low -- Widespread Panic -- 2000 Live in the Classic City
Dyin' Man -- Widespread Panic -- 2000 Live in the Classic City
One Arm Steve -- Widespread Panic -- 2000 Live in the Classic City
Solitude -- Michael Houser -- 2006 Sandbox
Ain't Life Grand -- Widespread Panic -- 1994 Ain't Life Grand


 R.I.P. Michael Houser 01/06/1962 - 08/10/2002



cool little video of JB and Mikey jamming on the porch to Driving Song

No comments:

Post a Comment