Tuesday, December 27, 2011

RIP Vic Chesnutt


2 years ago Vic Chesnutt left us by his own devices. He left behind a legion of fans and songs that convey his unique view of the world. Vic was a prolific songwriter and influenced many artists in the Athens, GA scene and beyond. I was introduced to his music through Widespread Panic, who collaborated with Vic through the project "Brute".

It is always my great honor to bring in co-host Bob Parlocha. Bob has turned me on to so much great jazz throughout the years. Unfortunately, last Sunday Bob was not into Vic on my level.

I archived the show on Mediafire so it can be enjoyed as long as they allow it. Take a listen. I also posted a link to the interview that Vic did with "Fresh Air" and Terri Gross. It aired just 24 days before he died.



December 25, 2011

Soft Picasso -- 1990 Little
Stupid Preoccupations -- 1991 West Of Rome
When I Ran Off and Left Her -- 1993 Drunk
Aunt Avis -- 1993 Drunk
Gravity of the Situation -- 1993 Drunk
Guilty by Association -- 1995 Is The Actor Happy?
Swelters -- 1996 About To Choke
Prick -- 1998 The Salesman & Bernadette
Stay Inside -- 2003 Silver Lake
To Be With You -- 2005 Ghetto Bells
Warm -- 2007 North Star Deserter
When The Bottom Fell Out -- 2009 At The Cut
Flirted With You All My Life -- 2009 At The Cut
Rips In The Fabric -- 2010 Skitter On Take-off

R.I.P. Vic Chesnutt




No comments:

Post a Comment