Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh No! It's DEVO!

I had a chance to voice my dis pleasures about the off stage antics at the MN Zoo DEVO show this week. I started a topic on the DEVO community page, read all about it.

There is no denying that the 70 minutes DEVO was onstage was one of the best live music performances I have ever seen. Tons of energy and a band that loves to play the music they made. But coming off a nearly 2 1/2 hour Tool show the previous Thursday, I was quite irritated by the shortness of the concert. And that the copy of Duty Now For The Future I purchased on ebay a while back had New Traditionalists inside!

Oh well, I still love DEVO...except Shout. I'll post more pics and a few vids I took in the next few days...


July 11, 2010

It's Coming Down -- Cake
Jerkin' Back and Forth -- DEVO -- New Traditionalists
Traveled Too Far -- Mike Gordon -- 2009 The Green Sparrow
Spill The Wine -- Eric Burdon and WAR -- 1970 Eric Burdon Declares WAR
Left and Leaving -- Weakerthans -- 2010 Live at Burton Cummings Theater
Be Still -- The Beach Boys -- 1968 Friends
Still Feeling Blue -- Gram Parsons -- GP
Fight For Your Right -- The Hot Rats -- 2010 Turn Ons
Panama Red -- Old and In The Way -- 1975 s/t
Crosstown Traffic -- Jimi Hendrix Experience -- Electric Ladyland
Tahiti -- Bat for Lashes -- 2006 Fur and Gold
Jeff Black Song -- Drag the River -- 2009 Bad At Breaking Up
Ain't Goin' Hony Tonkin' Anymore -- Doc & Merle Watson -- Lonesome Road
Honky Tonk Woman -- Ike & Tina Turner -- Live at Carnegie Hall
outro: Leo Kottke -- Watermelon

No comments:

Post a Comment